Pardon me while I whine a bit, but this Tuesday was a bit painful and I blame it on my trainer. Kicking it up a notch on a Monday is just evil. So ignore the old man smells (IcyHot) and the groans, here is the mess known as Tuesday Randomness.
- Holy hell, my trainer was not kidding about taking it up a notch. If someone wanted any kind of information from me last night, all they had to do was threaten me with some of those new exercises.
- Not only does my trainer kick my tush, he has kindly offered to help with my coordination.
- Let’s work on the fat first and then maybe we can consider working on that. I kind of like my inability to be graceful anyway. It’s part of my charm. . .
- As is the inability to stick my tush out, I was laughing so hard yesterday trying to tell him I have tried to hide my butt and now he wants me to stick it out while doing certain exercises.
- The Easter Bunny got lost and didn’t visit me this year. . . thank goodness he found me yesterday!
- And yes, I still keep up the rouse of believing in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and any other holiday character. One of the few perks of still being single at 38.
- Speaking of 38, the class of ’92 is regrouping and planning our reunion.
- If I am going to be single for this little function, please at least let me be somewhat skinny!
- I have also threatened Bird within an inch of her life that she has to be my date as well. . .
- I went to see American Reunion Friday afternoon, I really liked it. Sure it was typical but it was nice seeing the old gang up on the screen.
- A couple brought their dog with them to see the movie. . . it wasn’t a service dog either
- I love Wook but that would be the last thing I would do. The man also texted throughout the movie.
- Note to the wise, unless you are a surgeon or the President of the United States, you are not that important to justify texting the whole time. Why even bother paying to see a movie?
- According to my trainer, a girl cooking is a “lost art” bless him. He did say his girlfriend was getting better at cooking!
- Why yes, I talk about food throughout my training session, is that wrong?
- I am also about to have a fit to get back to DC to eat at a couple of Jose Andres’ restaurants
- I am digging this cooler weather, please stay around for a few weeks
- A small irritation, after blogging about my weight loss and revealing my weight, a not so ethical blogger posted a similar titled, thought processed post. I was sick for about a week after noticing it. I doubt she got the idea from me (I am not that deluded) but still it did bother me.
- I love getting the spam comments! They crack me up! I should do a collection of them sometime as well as some of the spam emails I get.
- Short week again this week! Yeah me! Look out Nashville, I have a few places that I have to hit in my quick trip up there!
Now I am off to finish reading a book and get ready for bed. I have another training session tomorrow and will need all the shut eye tonight to make it through it. But if you happen to see a very awkward short blonde girl trying to get her legs and arms to do total opposite motions, please walk on. It isn’t a pretty sight, trust me.
Oh sweet Tuesday, sometimes you take forever to get here. This post is brought to you by novicane, temps and multiple dental visits.
- I feel like my life revolves around going to the dentist. What was supposed to be my last visit for a nice long time last month ended up being rescheduled. . . then I forgot about that appointment. Life happened and I finally got back there today only to learn that the lab still messed up my crown. Seriously?
- I have a brand new temp on the tooth and if the stars align, I hop on one leg while curling my tongue, I just might get the permanent one next week.
- For good measure, the dentist opted to numb me up to deal with this troublesome tooth. . .back on the soup diet again.
- Chattanooga is in love with the roundabout even though most people don’t understand them. I had the pleasure of driving through one that is still an all sides stop last night. Apparently dude in Camry didn’t think he should have to stop, neither did the two cars before him. He didn’t like me laying on the horn but I am a bit like a New York taxi driver, you cut me off, almost hit me or anything that might seem unpleasent to me and I will lay on it until you turn red.
- We may have found the answer to mom’s health issues and it all has to do with how she sleeps. She took her first sleep study last night and they said it was terrible. I think I shall start calling her Darth Vadar. . .
- It is great to know that it isn’t her heart but it is scary to think that in just a few short months she went from doing most of the yard work to walking across the house or running errands caused her to feel really out of breath and tired. That is not my mother. In fact, had she been feeling better a few weeks ago I could only imagine how clean she would have gotten my place to look.
- Changing my meds seems to be working in terms of weight. Currently I have dropped 23 lbs only, umm, let’s see, 50 to 60 more to go. Why can’t my Dyson help me out with this issue. I am also going to through some money at the isse and take on a personal trainer at the Y. I need someone pushing me, yelling at me. I want to be in my little clothes this summer. I have some things to prove to myself.
- I haven’t been eating a ton due to being sick and that horrible dark hole that is trying to get me to crawl into it. I don’t want to go there but I see myself retreating. Friends, don’t worry, I will get out of the funk, you just have to let me feel it, work through it and accept it.
- I found the cutest Lilly Pullitzer patchwork dress on ebay that I most have. . . This is going to be the year of cute clothes, no back fat, more writing, visiting Sonia in Baltimire as well as a visit to Chicgao to visit Candy, I may not make a ton of money but I want to get out there, walk around, emerse myself and write. Oh and hit a few restaurants that make me giddy.
- After we get mom’s breathing/sleeping situation handled, we will then be planning our girls trip down to St Pete. This isn’t my kind of trip, but mommy loves it, Robin loves it and somewhere in the mix of things I am allowed to drink at night.
- Some mornings I wake up thinking it was all a bad dream and then I remember it wasn’t. I have good days and bad days. It is more about understanding that those feelings buried deep last summer never went away. I miss him. I should have done better than I did.
- Each day will get a bit better and my pain is so silly compared to his mom and sisters as well as the kids. I pray for them daily,.
- I talked to Bubba tonight, what a mess he is. Love him but we both joke how we both dodged that bulliet. He’s happy and doing well. I am so proud of him. Of course he lectured me about choices, I highly believe Bubba and Chandler would have had quite a few laughs at my expense.
- The crude that I have had for over two weeks now, still here, Maybe it could take me to dinner and a movie, send me tullips at work. A girl can dream.
And now I am off to slumber land. Wook deserves and early bedtime and that means Snuggles!
Thank goodness for taking an extra day off after vacation. . .the crud that decided to setup camp last week opted to hang with me through vacation and still refuses to leave. It’s back to work I go tomorrow and I hope that it goes fast.
- I strongly advise to never go on vacation when you are sick. Sinus junk, sure but when you run a low grade fever the whole time, it makes running around a city a bit of a challenge.
- My normal fast paced walk was nonexistent which irritated me to no end and having a very stuffy head made getting my bearings tough as well.
- Thank goodness the boy drove the majority of the time there and back
- I really should have invested in a nightly massage because my legs and feet were not happy campers
- I highly recommend flying to DC and back instead of driving
- In two and a half days I hit four museums and the zoo, not to mention eating my way through DC
- I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jose Andres` and his restaurants, the food, decor and all the little things in two of the restaurants I visited were perfection
- We lucked out and ended up going to Jaleo the last night it was open before it went under construction for a redesign; I even got a picture with Jose himself
- His Jaleo Sangria is very yummy
- At American Eats, everything on the menu was tied to originating in the States (drinks included) and right about now, I could go for the Hamburg sliders. They were created before butchers had the ability to grind the meat so it ends up being chopped up. So good, so juicy
- I tried my first oyster Friday night and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be; my only complaint, I was still finding sand in my mouth later in the evening
- I have now become a snot making machine, there really isn’t a great way to sugar coat that, sorry
- Oh and that lovely fever that stuck with me all weekend? Any type of physical exertion caused me to sweat which isn’t a great look on me. . .
- I can’t wait until I can get back into the gym and start working out again
And this post has officially taken forever to write, time to go to bed and hope that tomorrow I am not as stuffy and snotty.
The day when all things love is thrown in the face of every single, unattached person. . .perfect. Thankfully I have never really loved the holiday, wake me up when it is St. Patrick’s Day.
- I would like to thank all the allergens that are out there right now cause this snotty nose thing is such a wonderful thing to deal with year round. I miss having seasonal allergies.
- As a gift to myself, I purchased my first ever Groupon yesterday, a 90 minute massage for $39. I promptly used it tonight after I went to the gym.
- This morning was one of those mornings that even getting out the door an extra 15 minutes early still only got me to the office five minutes early.
- Dear Cupid, instead of love could you just hit all the bad drivers with some skills?
- While I am sad to see the passing of Whitney Houston (I used to sing and dance to her music in the mirror) I had more of an emotional outburst when Tim Russert passed.
- My friend Shy, used to say she hadn’t taken her happy, pretty me pills yet when I would stop by her cubicle to say good morning. I have taken to calling my meds just that.
- Those happy pretty me pills also helped pack on the pounds over the past four and a half years, new doctor shared this with me. We have since decided on switching me to a different happy, pretty me pill that should help me with anxiety as well as possibly help me shed this weight.
- My Facebook feed is stuffed to the gills with pictures of flowers, candy, sweet notes and even an engagement.
- Wookie only sent me a card, silly cat, he should have sent some flowers too.
- Purple Rain, a movie that I was forbidden to see when I was much, much younger was on VH1 Classic this weekend. Yep, I sat there and watched it. I forgot how much I liked all of his songs.
- While some might think it is so lame to like someone as popular as Adele, I have to say, girlfriend has it going on, the voice, the music and those words. . . be still my heart. She can rip that bad boy a new one in no time flat, I applaud.
- In just over a week’s time I will be heading up to DC and yes, the watching what I eat will have to be ignored because we have some fab restaurants lined up.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all! I am ready to kick back and cuddle with a cute little grey thing.