My brain is all over the place, again. Besides having a horrible headache daily since late last week, the heat around here is oppressive. I don’t even have any room to complain about any of this because I still have my home, cat, belongings and my family and friends are okay.
- Tornados~well, I am the first to admit that I don’t mind a few little storms here and there. But Joplin got hit hard Sunday, Stewart County (just north of Nashville) got hit last night and apparently Nashville had some rough storms last night and this morning. I am thankful that we ducked the storms this go around. For those in the position to donate, go to the Red Cross, United Way, UMCOR, Catholic Charties, etc and give. If you can’t even rub two nickels together (like me) then pray for those who are in the midst of seeing their lives changed dramatically in a very short period of time.
- I just wrapped up my time volunteering at the local food bank here, my company does an annual project that allows us to take time off of work to give back to the community as well as donates money to help with these projects. I feel quite selfish for being upset that I couldn’t take a trip up to Nashville this weekend because of my own doings and yet there are people right here who make do with food boxes and little else. I have always enjoyed going to the food bank, sorting food, because the sweat equity makes me realize just how lucky I am.
- Wookie is going through this phase of LOVING can food. This is the little guy who would eat some and then forget about it. I have always used can food as a treat or when I was feeling guilty for going out of town. Now he trips me up, cries and begs for can food. I may have to have a serious talk with him this weekend about this.
- American Idol is almost over and thank goodness. It has been an enjoyable season but I really think the judges could have been a bit more critical of each contestant. I rarely heard any dissent and Randy’s “Yo Dawg” has now been replaced by “Insert Contestant’s Name Here is in it to win it!” Really? There were a few times that each singer has sounded off to me. . .
- Netflix, will you go with me? I mean really, where else can I watch a RomCom movie and then switch to a documentary about Auschwitz? And yes, I really am all over the place when it comes to what I watch. I just finished Little Fockers earlier and while it was typical since this was the third movie, it was enjoyable.
- Speaking of Netflix, dad somehow deleted some of mom’s picks for the DVD Queue.
I am now ready to crash for the evening, it is a good kind of tired though. The kind after physically working hard. I even have some more marketable skills, I am a master at taping boxes after they have been stuffed with food. Who says retail and moving often don’t pay off?