I took a small break this past week, kind of tired, brain wasn’t flowing and the heat was taking a toll on me. Plus, after my little rant into politics, I thought it would be best to just relax.
So let the randomness begin!
- I ordered some clothes off of Ann Taylor Loft last week. It was a much needed order and with the additional 40% off I couldn’t pass it up. The store here is somewhat useless for me since I need to buy big girl clothes now. . .
- An interesting tidbit though, I have some pants that I bought from them a few years ago and those still work fine, but now I have to order up and if the fabric isn’t forgiving I have to return it. Someone explain how a size X is no longer a size X. The main reason I have shopped there for years was due to the quality and not really having to try stuff on since I knew my size. I accept the weight gain but when I can still fit into my “fat pants” for a few years ago but try on that same size in the store and it doesn’t fit at all. . .well I am starting to get concerned.
- I have loaded up my Kindle with some books and have picked up a new copy of Motley Crue’s The Dirt. Excellent reading, enjoy it everytime I read it.
- My mom and I are leaving for the beach soon sans dad. He doesn’t like to fly. I love to fly, I just prefer cooler vacation spots where there are museums, stores, etc. I have to remember not to get so much sand in my crouch. Not pleasant!
- I watched Hall Pass last week. It was okay. It had some bathroom humor in it, and that always makes me giggle. I also watched Cedar Rapids, that was actually really good. I have a crush on Ed Helms. He makes dorky look sexy. So Ed, how about calling me sometime? LOL
- One of the outtakes as the credits were rolling showed John C Riley lighting his fart on fire. I laughed the night. And it reminded me of my State friend and that whole crew years ago when we did have one guy that would do that as a party trick. Awesome.
- Wookie is all about the snuggling, so we spent a good portion of doing that this past weekend. He also knows the schedule for his can food.He is a mess.
- Speaking of Wookies. . . I read about a scene that was taped between Harrison Ford (yum) and Chewie before going on Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel. Apparently Chewie had sex with Ford’s wife. It was very fun to watch. I love that Ford can still laugh at himself. I mean, I laugh at myself all day.
- I need to organize my iPod, I have been saying this for, umm, forever…but still haven’t gotten around to doing it.
- And finally, someone please give me a heads up when the Y waives its joining fee. I think water aerobics would be a good start for me.
- Tomorrow is hump day, thank goodness! I have a handful of reports to complete and I think I can stay focused enough to get them all done before I hit the road.
- Would the TSA have any issues with me carrying on a flask of Jack? Just wondering? LOL
I also wanted to thank some very sweet people who commented on Facebook about my writing. This is one of my favorite things to do and it brings me joy when others find something that can glean from it or at least laugh at it.