Beach Edition! While enjoying a respite from the hot and humid weather, here are some thoughts about the beach and all of the people watching I have enjoyed so far. . .
- Why do men, young, old, in shape or not, wear speedos???? This is not a good look for you, trust me. To loosely borrow from Robin Williams, if I can tell your religion by the bottoms you wear, this is not good. . .
- The young man building sand sculptures, you rock dude! I haven’t seen such beautiful sculptures like this in person, only in pictures.
- I completely forgot what it was like to go into one of those touristy beach shops until tonight; I now remember why I normally avoid them. But I did manage to get my shot glass to commerate my travels.
- Apparently vacations mean not looking at your watch, this doesn’t bode well for when I have to go back to reality.
- Eating has turned into grazing, something that needs to stop ASAP. So much for jump starting my get back into shape goal.
- I believe I could leave mom in the water and she would be fine until the end of time. Even in the rain she wants to be in the water.
- Oh to be young and dumb again (actually, umm, forget that)! Those crazy youngins’ are living it up and don’t yet understand what life is really about. I can hear the song “Summer Lovin” in my head and must thank the man upstairs that I no longer have to live through those high drama romances.
- My lack of exercise plus my intake of not so healthy food equals a beached whale in the cabana. Oh well, I haven’t seen anyone running away screaming just yet, so I will go with it.
While there are several pluses for going to the beach for a vacation, I still think that my time roaming around a large city is more me. I love my naps and no schedule to think of but I feel a bit out of sorts. I guess having a brain that goes a mile a minute all the time does that to you. Being a beach bum is kind of difficult for me.
I also had dreams of renting a bike and going for a ride but apparently after my little tumble Sunday evening, I have proven that I am more of a klutz that would probably do more damage to myself on a bike.
And now I shall who else is out and about tonight. Maybe I will catch another man in a speedo. . .