After a busy day at work and trying to find the Whole Foods here I think I am ready to go to bed. But first, a few randoms that have popped into my head today. . .
- Earthquake, east coast style. Didn’t feel anything here but remember waking up to one back in ’08 when I was in Nashville. The boy laughed for quite some time as I kept saying “Get to the doorway! Get to the doorway!” I just learned on the news that apparently when dealing with an earthquake, you should duck and cover instead of getting into a doorway. Hmph!
- Hurricane season is upon us, I don’t want to see any damage but I am requesting on comes soon that will translate into rain for this area. The sun, heat and humidity is out of control this summer, the only thing that will make up for this? Bring on the snow!
- Growing up in this area you would think I would know my way around. Think again, I once again got lost trying to navigate around Northshore. All I wanted to do was hit up the Whole Foods (well, they still call if Greenlife for some reason). Can you say disappointment? I will stick with Earthfare here. The produce section, the hot bar and bakery are TINY compared to my Whole Foods in Nashville. Nope, I don’t buy a lot there but I puffy heart love walking around in there. This was a wasted trip.
- I have been cutting back on caffeine and it shows. I am kind of shocked by this, I am drinking milk with my dinner, a cup of coffee in the morning, maybe a little bit of Diet Coke but the rest of the time I am sucking back water. Something is wrong with me.
- If my budget agrees with me, next month I am going to join the YMCA since there will be no joining fee. Water aerobics here I come.
- I really need to hang my uber expensive skinny jeans on my door. A nice reminder of what why I want to get healthy (to get my money’s worth out of those suckers!)
- Talking to Bubba today made me laugh. Such a goober, yet such a good friend. Old man likes to tell me I am getting to old to go to concerts. Oh and I need to settle down.
- Has anyone read up on the Dukan diet? Seems this European diet has been all the rage for years across the pond. I would like to jump start the weight loss, so I just might try it.
- The urge to visit IKEA! again is getting strong. Must.Not.Give.In.
- Looked at possible upgrades with regards to my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I think I will stick with what I have for now. The one I want? That one would cost half of my trip to NYC.
- Caught up with a friend from elementary school through high school last night. Soldier said I have called him a dork in the past. I have no recollection but I will say this, being a dork is a lot better than some other names I have called people in the past.
- Is it Friday yet?