I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year! I was a bit stuffed from Christmas and the running I did so I took last week off to just veg. But here we are, a new year! One that I hope is full of lots of possibilities, fun, travel and some snow.
- Santa (well, my parents but I still believe in the jolly ole elf) was quite good to me this year. I am always spoiled beyond belief, which can make a girl a bit overwhelmed.
- Wook was spoiled as well, bless that little grey thing. He has overindulged in catnip and can food over the past couple of weeks. As well as a lot of quality time with me.
- The weather around here is all over the place and from Facebook last night, apparently some friends got to see snow. I didn’t though, which can make for a sad girl. I love snow!
- Going to the gym after the holidays is a challenge. Not for the reasons of not wanting to but more like the influx of members who have binged over the last month and make a resolution to get fit. I am happy for each one of them though. I just hope I don’t have to fight one for a machine!
- New Year’s resolutions. . .hmm. Yeah, I don’t do them. I tend to make all these lofty goals and fall flat before the end of January, so nope, just going to do the best I can in my life and leave it at that.
- The gym. . .there are still many days when it is a struggle to go, I know I can do it. I know that I feel better after but the whole process of going, changing and working out before getting to the apartment tends to challenge me.
- I was a horrible eater the past few weeks but I think it has more to do with the time off work, the change in my routine that gets everything out of whack.
- For my close friends who tease me endlessly about my cleaning abilities! I took the tree down Sunday evening, vacuumed and got my furniture arranged again.
- I even cleaned my bathroom last night!
- I must be coming down with something. . .
- Once again I am dealing with ANOTHER Comcast/Xfinity issue. . .my cable boxes are now showing the time an hour ahead but the programming is correct. I called a bit ago to get this straightened out and all that did was we will send a tech out at some point on Saturday. Have I mentioned just how much I love having them as a cable carrier????
- I even had to convince the customer service guy that I had not had any power outages and was completely sure that was the case.
- I really need to go through my inbox for my email. I get so much junk email and it is starting to drive me batty trying to get through the 98% junk to the 2% of email that I care to read.
- I also need to tackle my guest room which has turned into a junk room. A good portion could be given away or thrown out. Must start working on this. . . for now the door stays shut so I can pretend it doesn’t exist.
- I also need to do my snow dance. . . I could use a foot of snow right about now!
Alrighty, I am going to empty the dishwasher and straighten the kitchen up. Seriously, I really must be coming down with something because this is not normal!