Fair warning, this week started off with a small hitch, so let’s bring on the grumbles, whines and oh mys!
- After chipping the same front tooth for the millionth time the other week, I ran into my dentist’s office to get the quick bonding work needed to repair it. No biggie. It was then that I opened my big mouth and mentioned I needed to crown one of the two teeth that have had a root canal done in the past two years.
- I blow my max for my dental plan in January of each year, I also happen to blow my flex spending account as well. To say that I would love to spend my FSA on say doctor visits and possibly RX sunglasses instead of my teeth is the understatement for the year.
- I made the appointment, went back to the office and proceeded to mark it on my work calendar, my phone and my email as a reminder. Oh and I had sticky note as well on my monitor.
- Completely forgot to mention it to my boss until the day of, luckily he understood. Completely forgot about it when I was making my dinner Sunday evening to eat on for the week.
- I have special teeth apparently. If it can go wrong, it will. I hadn’t anticipated too much drilling, which freaks me out. They were low on the gas to make me forget about it. The idea of crowning the bottom tooth and temping the top was switched about a quarter of the way in, my teeth are “short” so he needed to get rid of some of the gum around that top tooth, my bite is a bit off, so it would then hurt the bottom tooth that was now to be temped so halfway through this mess he opts to crown both and we will work the money part out later.
- Two and a half hours later I can no longer feel my left side of my face, my tongue feels like it is three times it’s normal size and I can already tell that this is going to hurt for a few days.
- That was just Monday folks.
- I am now the proud owner to two temps that will be crowned on the 1st, children’s liquid ibuprofen because the thought of opening my mouth to swallow a pill makes me cry AND my uber expensive organic romaine lettuce is just sitting in the fridge.
- Oh, the lettuce you ask? I had my gallbladder taken out eight years ago and since then lettuce and my stomach hate each other. I love salads but can’t stomach (HA!) the pain.
- I learned last week if I drink milk and get the organic romaine lettuce that I can handle salads again.
- At least this week, my stomach clearly needs to see a therapist.
- I love a good rainstorm but am starting to prefer for them to hold off until I am done with my commute.
- My BFF Stace posted the cutest picture of her cutie playing with the book I got him for Christmas! Let’s just say that if the kid asks for a pony I would say yes.
- My addiction to Pinterest is still going. I would like to thank Sonia for suggesting putting a board up for her little one so I can pin things I see that remind me of the snug! FYI–you better do those cookies!
- My mouth is still throbbing.
I apologize for the whiny post, there are people out there dealing with much more serious issues, but I had to get it out because Wook has decided I am no longer allowed to discuss it with him. Hmph! You would think that since I keep his high flying lifestyle going he would be willing to listen. Nope. Maybe it is time to get a dog. . . just kidding!