Thank goodness for taking an extra day off after vacation. . .the crud that decided to setup camp last week opted to hang with me through vacation and still refuses to leave. It’s back to work I go tomorrow and I hope that it goes fast.
- I strongly advise to never go on vacation when you are sick. Sinus junk, sure but when you run a low grade fever the whole time, it makes running around a city a bit of a challenge.
- My normal fast paced walk was nonexistent which irritated me to no end and having a very stuffy head made getting my bearings tough as well.
- Thank goodness the boy drove the majority of the time there and back
- I really should have invested in a nightly massage because my legs and feet were not happy campers
- I highly recommend flying to DC and back instead of driving
- In two and a half days I hit four museums and the zoo, not to mention eating my way through DC
- I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jose Andres` and his restaurants, the food, decor and all the little things in two of the restaurants I visited were perfection
- We lucked out and ended up going to Jaleo the last night it was open before it went under construction for a redesign; I even got a picture with Jose himself
- His Jaleo Sangria is very yummy
- At American Eats, everything on the menu was tied to originating in the States (drinks included) and right about now, I could go for the Hamburg sliders. They were created before butchers had the ability to grind the meat so it ends up being chopped up. So good, so juicy
- I tried my first oyster Friday night and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be; my only complaint, I was still finding sand in my mouth later in the evening
- I have now become a snot making machine, there really isn’t a great way to sugar coat that, sorry
- Oh and that lovely fever that stuck with me all weekend? Any type of physical exertion caused me to sweat which isn’t a great look on me. . .
- I can’t wait until I can get back into the gym and start working out again
And this post has officially taken forever to write, time to go to bed and hope that tomorrow I am not as stuffy and snotty.