I know that if I had Mondays off every week I would begin to dread Tuesday but since that isn’t the case, I have to say I really like the shortened work week. I also must put a Snoopy dance in here because I am taking Friday off to head to Nashville. I would love three day work weeks all the time!
- My holiday weekend was spent hanging with Bird, her girls and my mom. There was a lot of shopping to be done.
- Bird’s girls make me sad. . .they hate shopping! They definitely didn’t get that from their momma.
- Sadly, I got the shopping gene from my momma and my granny. . .the good news is I don’t have nearly the number of shoes and purses they each had years ago.
- I went to sit by the pool and read yesterday; apparently the UVA rays were on high intensity.
- My thighs are now a nice rock lobster red and hurt like the dickens.
- I also made my BBQ rub, prepped my ribs and steamed them forever as well.
- Sonia, I hope they make it to Nashville Friday, I had a little taste test sans the sauce. Oh my, so good.
- I also need to get my oil changed before I head out.
- Two things that I really hate to do (besides clean) are getting gas and getting the oil changed.
- Why can’t I teach my cat to handle that mess?
- While I am not a beer drinker, I am going to ask for beer recommendations that would compliment my BBQ–what are your favorites?
- I am looking forward to this weekend, cooler temps, visit with friends, lots of good food and hopefully a trip to Radnor Lake or the Farmers Market.
And now I am going to watch a storm blow in and enjoy the cool breeze!