After what seemed like the world’s longest week last week, this one seems to be going a little quicker. Of course, still no snow but I’m not bitter.
- While watching the Preds play Sunday night I kept tabs on the Grammys by reading my news feed on Facebook, a special shout out to Son and her sister for entertaining commentary
- I will go ahead and admit that I have been trying to sniff out Girl Scout cookies the past couple of weeks, as of today, I now have 12 boxes ordered.
- I blame Allan. . .
- Originally I had ordered just two boxes since I tend to shove the whole box down my throat in under 30 minutes
- This isn’t going to be pretty
- This football obsessed girl is really starting to understand hockey, this could get interesting
- I am finally getting to go to a game this Thursday, it has been way too long
- Best Valentine’s Day date ever. . .gumbo, hot dogs, cocktails and a cute boy
- Loved, loved, loved Kelly Clarkson’s performance Sunday
- Still scratching my head at John Mayer’s getup but then again I still think he is a schmuck
- I learned yesterday that Magnolia Bakery now ships, be still my beating heart
- Now if I could get Lombardi’s pizza here
- In the category of first world problems, I dropped my bracelet off at Tiffany’s to be fixed. Currently it is hanging out in NYC getting repaired and will not return to BNA until the 26th
- Why does it seem like my jewelry gets more trips to NYC than I do?
- Stace’s FB status update about laughing in her sleep and wanting water last night was great, her hubby has video and I cannot wait to see it
- I am being schooled on all things Vegas by Allan
- I am currently preparing to leave bread crumbs while there so I can make it back to the room
- My love for Loveless Cafe’s biscuits was rekindled this past weekend. . .so good
With all this talk of food, the temptation to run out and get something yummy is strong but I will be a good girl and just go to bed. My thighs will thank me for this. Guys, make sure you do a little something for your women. Sometimes a card or another simple token can go a long way. And I might not even wear black like I normally do. . . somebody smack me, I have entered the world of cheesiness.
The day when all things love is thrown in the face of every single, unattached person. . .perfect. Thankfully I have never really loved the holiday, wake me up when it is St. Patrick’s Day.
- I would like to thank all the allergens that are out there right now cause this snotty nose thing is such a wonderful thing to deal with year round. I miss having seasonal allergies.
- As a gift to myself, I purchased my first ever Groupon yesterday, a 90 minute massage for $39. I promptly used it tonight after I went to the gym.
- This morning was one of those mornings that even getting out the door an extra 15 minutes early still only got me to the office five minutes early.
- Dear Cupid, instead of love could you just hit all the bad drivers with some skills?
- While I am sad to see the passing of Whitney Houston (I used to sing and dance to her music in the mirror) I had more of an emotional outburst when Tim Russert passed.
- My friend Shy, used to say she hadn’t taken her happy, pretty me pills yet when I would stop by her cubicle to say good morning. I have taken to calling my meds just that.
- Those happy pretty me pills also helped pack on the pounds over the past four and a half years, new doctor shared this with me. We have since decided on switching me to a different happy, pretty me pill that should help me with anxiety as well as possibly help me shed this weight.
- My Facebook feed is stuffed to the gills with pictures of flowers, candy, sweet notes and even an engagement.
- Wookie only sent me a card, silly cat, he should have sent some flowers too.
- Purple Rain, a movie that I was forbidden to see when I was much, much younger was on VH1 Classic this weekend. Yep, I sat there and watched it. I forgot how much I liked all of his songs.
- While some might think it is so lame to like someone as popular as Adele, I have to say, girlfriend has it going on, the voice, the music and those words. . . be still my heart. She can rip that bad boy a new one in no time flat, I applaud.
- In just over a week’s time I will be heading up to DC and yes, the watching what I eat will have to be ignored because we have some fab restaurants lined up.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all! I am ready to kick back and cuddle with a cute little grey thing.