You know how people, when in an argument, will say, “Get a life”? Um, yeah, I got one and have been struggling to write since my life took an unexpected, yet very happy turn. Life with Allan is fun, busy, never stop with lots of eating to break up the monotonous tone. A couple of weeks he mentioned he hadn’t seen a post of any kind and told me to get on it. Then he asked about it last week and tonight I thought he might hold my dinner hostage if I didn’t write, so finally, I am sitting down to mark this off my to do list.
Where to start? Do I snark on how Reese Witherspoon got mouthy in Atlanta and got her tush thrown in jail? Or the ever klassy Kim Kardashian and the divorce proceedings that lasted well past her marriage? Do I comment on how stupid I think the brothers in Boston were last week when they decided to take their hatred out on their adoptive country?
For now, since I have missed out on so many opportunities dealing with current events and pop culture, I will just hit the highlights in my world.
- After Wook’s constant binging and purging a few weeks ago, I finally got brave and took him to the vet. All is good, he just likes to binge and purge (all for the low, low cost of $189)
- At the vet everyone commented on just how pretty my baby is and what a gentle giant he is
- Allan offered to donate him to the vet. . .
- At the one year mark of Chandler’s passing and his birthday, Allan has managed to say something to make me smile, understanding that he was such a special part of my life
- While telling Allan not to engage the ass at a hockey game the other week I ended up being the one mouthing off to said ass
- Walking into Target a few weeks ago to meet Stace I came face to face with the boy, without even missing a beat, I sped up, flipped my hair into my face and kept on walking
- I have watched many a hockey game, can even name players and understand most terminology
- I still just go for the fights and Crispy
- I was talked into joining a fantasy NASCAR league, I don’t know the first thing about this so called sport but really, how hard is it to turn left?
- My team, Mullet Mafia, is currently ranked seventh
- I watched the Masters for the first time in a million years it seems, I still prefer playing but Allan won big betting on it
- Who knew you could bet on golf?
- Allan is taking me to Vegas this week, my first trip, his tenth. . .
- Vegas to Allan = Amy to NYC
- While he is in his conference I will be lounging at the pool. . . it’s a rough life but I will take it
Life is good, I am a very lucky girl and have been spoiled to death by him. There are days where I pinch myself because if you had asked me after the October debacle that things would work out I would have laughed but I guess sometimes you have to go through a bunch of crap to get to the good stuff.
The snarky, pessimistic girl is still here but for once, I am making sure that I enjoy the good times. But I will say the best line ever uttered to a police officer goes to Reese Witherspoon. . . you may have won an Oscar sweetie, but not everyone cares or knows who you are. . . bless her heart.
I will try to post while in Vegas because I really want to document this trip and I have to collect a few slapper cards. . .