Why hello Tuesday before vacation! It is so nice to see you! And oh my do I have a ton of things to do before I hit the road but first, let me just share with you what always happens to me. . .
- I somehow managed to get the crud late last week, including a nice fever. The weekend of cleaning, organizing and making my place look very neat (shocking I know) was tossed in the garbage.
- I went with mom and dad last Wednesday for mom’s heart cath. All is good, which is wonderful news, it is just frustrating not knowing why she is tired all the time.
- Best part of day? Walking in, mom in the bathroom and dad yammering about their tiff on ride in, then mom came out, dad went to the bathroom and I got her version of the story. Apparently mom now warrants other drivers to flip her the bird. Dad telling me all this and coming close to peeing my pants doesn’t even begin to tell you how this was all comical.
- I somehow got sucked into a cheesy movie, My Baby’s Daddy, on TBS Sunday. Um, I so watched the whole thing while telling myself I needed to find something else to watch.
- After hacking up part of a lung and having a friend basically threaten me within an inch of my life, I went to see the doctor today. Glad I did, I was heading down bronchitis road. Hello Z Pack!
- The orange flavor Delsym cough syrup is NASTY! Thank goodness I noticed that there is a grape flavor.
- In one of my “throw everything in the closet” modes I have misplaced two bags of Hello Kitty Jelly Belly jelly beans. . . they are for mom but for the love of St Pete! Where did they go????
- I heard about this new place in Nashville called The Catbird Seat. It is a 32 seat restaurant where you sit around the kitchen and interact with the chef. Man, oh man, oh man! I want to go there so badly. Do you know how hard it is to get a reservation?
- And to make matters more difficult, GQ named them in the top ten (number five baby!) for best new restaurant for 2011 AND they have been nominated for a James Beard award. Be still my chubby little heart!
- I completely understand that sometimes moms have their moments and are stressed but this one took the cake today and I will blame my irritation all on feeling ill. . . newish mom leaves car door open in Target parking lot while fiddling with the stroller. After a couple of minutes she turns, sees me trying to park in the space but can’t because her car door is open, rolls her eyes and turns to fight with the stroller again. Seriously? Two seconds to shut the door, hell, I might have even stopped to help you with the stroller.
- I cannot wait until vacation Friday, well, I can wait for the drive. Between museums and food, I am soo excited!
- I just hope my tasters get back in working order by then.
- I really need to vacuum, put clothes up, clean the bathrooms. . .
- Who am I kidding, I will wait until I get off work Thursday, run around with my head cut off cleaning and ready to bite off the boy’s head when he arrives. All because I have to clean my apartment. . .
- Mom, I promise, my friends really know how messy I am. . .I don’t think I can shock them anymore.
And now I am going to take my hacking, tired self and go to bed. It has taken me a couple of hours to write this, so that tells you how sick I am. When I can no longer focus on anything longer than two sentences, you know it is time to send me to the doctor.